The 36th (November 2013) edition of the Carnival of Passive Investing is now live on Wealth Informatics at the link below. A big thanks to Suba over at that site for hosting this time around!
Carnival of Passive Investing # 36 - November 2013 Edition
Thanks to everyone for participating. Congrats to this month's top 5 picks shown below:
- Bobby Kania presents Passive Investing: Asset Allocation 101 posted at Making Money Fast and Slow.
- Matt Becker presents How to Start Investing From Scratch – Part 2 posted at Mom and Dad Money and says “Welcome to Part 2 of my mini-series on how to start investing when you have little money or understanding of investing. This article will give you some simple steps you can take right now to get started on the right path.”
- Bryce presents Another Post on Why Investment Costs Matter posted at Save and Conquer and says “I can’t say this enough, “Investment costs matter.” Just the other day, a person said to me, and I’m paraphrasing here, that as long as a mutual fund’s expense ratio was below 1%, it was good enough. My response was that 1% is still way too high and that after 30 years, a 1% ER will take away over 25% of the possible total value of the investment. Here are some other people’s thoughts on investing costs.”
- Justin @ Root of Good presents Investment Management Using Asset Allocation Targets posted at Root of Good and says “Many investors have an asset allocation for their portfolios. Find out how to rebalance your portfolio using asset allocation targets and free software.”
- PK presents Is the Stock Market Overpriced? Part I posted at Don’t Quit Your Day Job… and says “On its surface, Shiller’s CAPE might seem like a market timing mechanism… but if you can heed his warnings and set your allocation thusly? More power to you. Here’s a look at historical market P/E10s versus S&P returns.”
LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT MONTH'S EDITION - December 2013
A big thanks to our participants and host, Wealth Informatics! Our host of the next (December 2013 - # 37) edition, scheduled to go live on or around December 31st, 2013 will be Frugal Rules! Be sure to get your articles in now (see instructions below)!
Since Blog Carnival has ONCE AGAIN started to not work at all recently (most everyone that I know has had technical difficulties), you can use the Blog Carnival HQ submission form clicking here.
Thanks again for tuning in!
Until next time,
-Jacob - Creator/Owner/Organizer, Carnival of Passive Investing